For more than a century, Miele has been a prominent name in the production of first-rate household equipment, with vacuum cleaners being a major part of its offerings. The company offers a range of vacuum models to meet different needs.
– Bagged Canister Vacuum Cleaners;
– Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaners;
- Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaners;
– Full-Size Upright Vacuum Cleaners; and
– Robot Vacuum Cleaners.
Despite only being backed by a 7-year warranty for the motor and casing, and a 1-year warranty for parts, Miele vacuum cleaners are crafted in Germany to provide long-lasting performance, with an anticipated life span of 20 years. Nevertheless, the value of these products is reflected in the cost.
Miele Canister Vacuum Range – Bagged Models
The collection of bagged canister vacuums produced by Miele encompasses numerous sub-models, each possessing distinct attributes and abilities when it comes to cleaning.
Miele’s collection of bagged canister vacuums is usually divided into three types: the Classic series, the Compact series, and the Complete series.
In total, Miele’s bagged canister vacuums have 18 sub-models, spread across the Classic, Compact, and Complete categories.
Choosing between a small number of product models is straightforward. But when presented with 18 separate sub-models, it’s crucial to acquire more knowledge to make a wise choice.
Our team has extensively scrutinized and assembled a comprehensive comparison of the similarities, contrasts, benefits, and drawbacks of the bagged Miele vacuum cleaners. The abundant information we have provided will allow you to determine the best Miele C1, C2, or C3 canister vacuum model for your budget and home cleaning needs.
Miele C1 vs C2 vs C3 – General Features, Similarities and Differences
The topmost suction power is a shared trait among all Miele canister vacuum cleaner models. Earlier, the lowest-end models were capable of a suction power ranging between 800W and 890W, however, now all models possess a maximum suction power of 1200W.
The Practical Locking System, present in all models, ensures that the components are firmly connected and can be separated with ease using a button. Furthermore, all models are equipped with the System for vacuuming breaks/with automatic shut off, enabling the floorhead and suction tube to be parked at the rear and, in some cases, automatically turning off the motor.
The sound insulation in all of Miele’s bagged canister models makes them a quiet choice in vacuum cleaners. Additionally, except for the Classic C1 models, all Miele canisters feature the Air Clean Sealed System™, a sealed system that aims to keep 99.9% of particles trapped within the vacuum.
The TÜV Nord, a German environmental testing authority, assesses Miele vacuums each year and they conform to TÜV Nord’s standards. TÜV Nord endorses Miele canister vacuums with HEPA AirClean filters for people with allergy issues.
The Miele AirClean Sealed System® seals the vacuum in its entirety, not just the exhaust filter, which provides peace of mind that bacteria and allergens won’t be released into the air. The discharged air is even cleaner than the air in the surrounding room.
Each Miele vacuum comes with a full set of accessories, including three standard attachments of the highest quality: a crevice nozzle, an upholstery nozzle, and a dusting brush. These accessories are either integrated into the design or can be found on a VarioClip for convenient access.
The differences between Miele’s Classic C1, Compact 1, Compact C2, Complete C1, and Complete C3 models can be found in the filter type, operating radius, brush or floorhead design, weight, dust bag capacity, pet hair removal ability, and cost.
Three varieties of filters are included with Miele’s canister vacuums.
1. The AirClean Filter provides highly efficient filtration, eliminating over 99.9% of fine dust.
2. The Active AirClean Filter offers effective neutralization of unpleasant odors originating from pets or smoking.
3. The HEPA AirClean Filter offers relief to allergy sufferers by removing fine dust and allergens. It also features a timestrip® to indicate when it needs to be changed.
Miele Classic C1 Canister Vacuum
Miele Classic C1 Features
All Classic C1 models:
– Achieves a maximum energy output of 1,200W.
– Comes complete with a floorhead as listed in the table, as well as an upholstery nozzle, crevice nozzle, and dusting brush.
– Possesses an 18ft (5.5m) cord length.
– Possessing a 29ft (9m) Operating Sphere.
– A 4.76 qt Dust Container is included.
The total weight of the Miele Classic C1 models, inclusive of its accessories, is around 13 lbs. The Turbo Team and Cat & Dog models, on the other hand, are slightly bulkier because of the additional fittings.
The Miele vacuums boast a 29.5ft working radius for effortless cleaning and a 4.76 qt dustbin that’s large enough to hold your dirt. A rotary power selector is available and all accessories are kept on the VarioClip.
The AirClean Filter System is used by all Miele vacuums, except for the Cat & Dog which employs the Active AirClean Filter System to eliminate odors. The HomeCare model is equipped with HEPA filtration. Within the Classic C1 series, Miele has four sub-models with prices that range from $299 to $799. Further details and features are provided below.
Miele Classic C1 Pure Suction
The Pure Suction model is designed with a universal floorhead for various cleaning options and high suction capability for thorough cleaning.
Miele Classic C1 Turbo Team
The Turbo Team’s cleaning arsenal includes a delicate parquet brush for hard floors. Its turbo brush is designed for use on hard floors and low to medium-pile carpets. The turbo brush’s efficacy extends to removing pet hair and lint as well.
Miele Classic C1 Cat & Dog
Intensive cleaning of heavy-duty carpeting is made effortless with the Cat & Dog Electrobrush. The Active AirClean Filter is designed to effectively neutralize odors. Furthermore, the handle is comfortable with a flexible hose connector that allows for easy maneuvering of the floorhead using a lever action, minimizing wrist discomfort.
Miele Classic C1 Home Care
The Home Care model utilizes an electro brush for the best possible carpet care, and it can handle deep cleaning of even the toughest carpeting. The model also comes with a Comfortable Handle for a more relaxed cleaning experience.
The Classic 1 lineup boasts three models – the Turbo Team, Cat & Dog, and Home Care – all with a stainless steel telescopic tube that can be set to different heights.
Miele Classic C1 – Pros
– The Classic C1 models are both feather-light and hushed, delivering powerful suction and effortless maneuvering. They glide smoothly over hard flooring.
– Appropriate rope measurement for standard dwellings.
– User-friendly. Three wheels provide the canister with stability.
– The Cat & Dog proves to be highly effective on rugs and hardwoods. Pet hair is no match for it.
– Odor neutralization is made possible by the Active AirClean Filter in the Cat & Dog model.
Miele Classic C1 – Cons
– The turbo brush feature in some models may struggle to be moved on a carpet with minimal pile height.
– Some customers have expressed disappointment that the Classic C1 models do not include a HEPA filter, especially given the cost of certain models.
– Cord entanglement can cause the model to tip, and retrieving the cord from the hose when it is docked can be a cumbersome task.
– Hair tangles and wraps around the turbo brush easily.
– The hose has a plastic composition.
– The Turbo Team could face difficulties removing dog hair from carpets with a low to medium height, whereas the Cat & Dog model will tackle the task with complete efficiency and cleanliness.
Miele Compact C1 Features
All Compact C1 models:
– The highest power output attainable is 1,200W.
– Along with the floorheads outlined in the table, the package comes with an upholstery nozzle, crevice nozzle, and dusting brush.
– The length of the cord is 18 feet (5.5 meters).
– The extent of the operation is 29 feet (9 meters).
The Compact C1 sub-models, with similar names to the Classic C1, weigh between 14 and 16 pounds and are priced from $399 to $799. They are equipped with an adjustable stainless steel telescopic tube, and a rotary power selector and their accessories are kept on a VarioClip.
Meile Compact C1 Pure Suction
The Compact C1 Pure Suction comes with the AllTEQ floorhead and uses its high suction power and adjustable telescopic tube for thorough yet convenient cleaning. It is ideal for cleaning hard floors and low-pile carpets and can eliminate 99.9% of dirt and dust with its AirClean filter.
Meile Compact C1 Turbo Team
The Compact C1 Turbo Team possesses features similar to the Classic C1 Turbo Team, with the additional advantage of a compact storage system. It comes at a higher cost, with a $100 price hike compared to the Classic C1.
Meile Compact C1 Home Care Powerline
The Compact C1 Home Care PowerLine’s turbo brush is capable of cleaning hard floors and low to medium carpeting and removing pet hair and lint. However, the machine relies solely on the AirClean filter system, which is not equipped to address pet odors.
Miele Compact C1 – Pros
– Nimble, rapid, and able to turn corners with great dexterity.
– Capable of thoroughly cleaning low pile carpeting and hardwood flooring.
– High-powered suction that can be adjusted.
– Excellent choice for small rooms and apartments.
– Dust bags endure for over three months, and the vacuuming process keeps the dust trapped inside the bag.
– The bristle dusting attachment that comes with the Pure Suction model is a more effective dusting solution compared to handheld dusters.
– Performs quietly even on maximum setting, featuring a power cord that can be retracted.
– The suction dial enables efficient cleaning of small rugs, preventing dirt from being drawn into the hose.
– Exceptionally useful for cleaning stairs and limited spaces.
– It has six suction control levels on the cylinder and another on the wand end.
– Reaches corners and narrow spaces.
– Simple adjustments allow for the reuse of bags up to five times.
– Doesn’t require storage space.
Miele Compact C1 – Cons
– No attachments that utilize electricity, such as a rotating brush for the floor.
– No HEPA filter included.
– The cost of the Turbo Team and HomeCare models is quite substantial.
– The models’ rough edges may result in paint damage.
– Despite the notable use of plastic in both the unit and accessories, which may result in breakage during use, Miele still subjects the vacuums to intensive testing for a 20-year lifespan.
– The dust bag’s dimensions are limited.
– Despite potential difficulties on the medium carpet, the model performs optimally on solid surface flooring.
– The noise produced by the airbrush is noticeable.
– The Compact C1 Pure Suction is generally perceived by customers as being of higher value and more practical than the Compact C1 Turbo Team.
Miele Compact C2 Canister Vacuums
Miele Compact C2 Electro+
The Compact C2 comes with the Electro Plus Floorhead specifically designed to deep clean heavy-duty carpets. A Miele model with a motor-driven floorhead, like the Electro Plus, is required for those with medium to high pile or plush carpets. The Electro Plus brush uses an electrical beater bar to extract dirt from within carpets.
The Compact C2’s soft parquet brush is ideal for use on sensitive hard flooring. Its compact design makes it ideal for storage in limited spaces, and the Floorhead and Telescopic Suction Wand can be stored on either side of the vacuum cleaner.
For families with dust allergies, this vacuum is a suitable choice, as it is equipped with a HEPA filter that filters out fine dust and allergens for improved air quality. It weighs 14.3 lbs, has an operating radius of 36 ft, and has a dust bag capacity of 3.7 qt, the smallest among Miele’s canister models.
The Miele Compact C2 includes a rotary power selector and its accessories are held on the VarioClip. It comes with a convenient handle and a Comfort cable rewind with single-touch control, activated by a foot switch, making it simple to pack the cables without having to bend over.
Miele Compact C2 Electro+ Pros
– The strongest suction capacity.
– This electro brush is effective on all carpet and wood flooring and can handle carpet heights of any level.
– The HEPA filter and AirClean Sealed System work together to provide fresh air.
– The cord retraction function operates effectively each time.
– Lightweight design makes it effortless to move and store.
– The bag-changing process is simple and efficient, and bags fit tightly to prevent dust from flying out during removal.
– The vacuum operates with a low sound level on low power and low noise on high power.
Miele Compact C2 Electro+ Cons
– Although it is on the pricier side, this vacuum offers great value for its capabilities on a high pile and plush carpets, especially when compared to the Miele Complete C3 Marin, which is designed for all carpet types and is more expensive.
– The compact design does lead to a smaller dust bag, but the frequency of filling depends on the frequency of vacuuming and the size of the home, and the bags do take a while to fill up.
Miele Complete C2 Canister Vacuum
Miele Complete C2 Hardfloor
The Miele Complete C2 weights 17 pounds, making it a better fit for larger homes. This model, with an operating radius of 33 feet and a dust bag capacity of 4.76 quarts, is one of the heavier vacuums in Miele’s product line. Our top pick for hardwood flooring in the premium bagged category, the Miele Complete C2, is designed for homes with larger floor plans.
The C2 Hardfloor vacuum is designed with delicate hard floors and low-pile carpets in mind and features a protective parquet AllTeQ Floorhead. It also includes a stainless steel adjustable telescopic tube. For added safety, this model comes with a Bumper Strip to safeguard furniture and appliances from collisions. Additionally, the Complete C2 has a rotary power selector and integrated accessories and utilizes the AirClean Filter.
Miele Complete C2 Canister Vacuum Pros
– The canister features a slightly elevated bag hood and a compartment for accessories, which is covered by a pop-up lid. This keeps everything organized and within reach. The canister moves smoothly and the wheels won’t damage hardwood or ceramic floors, allowing for easy gliding.
– The vacuum looks to be rugged and constructed with care, and the adjustable suction settings are a valuable addition.
– The vacuum is effective on hardwood and ideal for removing pet hair, including fluffs and cat hair from rugs.
– With its length, the wand can reach almost every tight space.
– Suitable for families with kids, pets, and large houses.
Miele Complete C2 Canister Vacuum Cons
– Not compatible with carpets having a moderate to excessive pile height.
– High-priced, but we contend that the superiority of the product makes it worth the expense.
Miele Complete C3 Canister Vacuum
Miele Complete C3 Features
All Complete C3 models:
– Possesses a top power output of 1,200W
– The table above mentions the floorheads, and the package also includes an upholstery nozzle, crevice nozzle, and a dusting brush.
– Possesses a 24ft (7.5m) long cord.
– Possesses a 36ft (11m) operating radius.
The Complete C3 sub-models offer several options, mostly high-end vacuums, with a weight range of 20-23lbs including accessories, making them heavier than the C2 and C1. They have a cord length of 24ft (7.5m) and an operating radius of 36ft (11m), the largest reach among the Miele canister line-up. Furthermore, the C3’s dust bag capacity of 5.2 qt is greater than that of the C2 and C1 models.
Additionally, the Miele C3 is a more powerful full-sized canister vacuum compared to the C2 and C1 and excels in cleaning all types of carpets. The various sub-models offer the option to pick the floorhead that best suits your flooring requirements.
The accessories of the C3 are integrated, and the suction power can be managed through the foot or handle controls. The HEPA Air filter, for maximum air purity, is included in all C3 sub-models except the Cat & Dog. The suction power can also be controlled using foot controls with a plus/minus function, except for the Brilliant and Homecare+ sub-models.
Miele Complete C3 Calima
The Miele Complete C3 Calima, with its HEPA filter, is made to meet the most stringent filtration demands. Its unique double-Swivel Neck allows for easy cleaning of tight spaces and corners. The machine comes with a Turbo brush that works efficiently on delicate hard floors with the assistance of the flexible Parquet Twister, and it effectively removes pet hair and lint. The machine also features a Cable comfort rewind, Bumper strip, and a Comfort telescopic suction wand for added convenience.
The Comfort telescopic tube on the wand can be extended to the preferred working height with ease and locked into place. The increased diameter of the tube improves the airflow, delivering outstanding cleaning performance. The rubber coating at the upper end of the tube also keeps it from sliding down if it’s leaned against a wall.
Miele Complete C3 Alize
With its AllTeQ floorhead, the Miele Complete C3 Alize is perfect for cleaning delicate hard floors and low-pile carpets. The machine also boasts an adjustable working height enabled by a Stainless steel telescopic tube.
The Alize comes with a Comfort handle, Comfort Cable Rewind, Comfort telescopic suction wand, and Bumper Strip, and also boasts the innovative Dynamic Drive Swivel Castors. These castors, equipped with shock absorbers, rotate 360° on steel axles. The rubberized castors move smoothly and are scuff-proof and durable, ensuring quiet operation and protection for delicate floors.
Miele Complete C3 Kona
The Miele Complete C3 Kona features an electro brush, powered by its electro telescopic suction wand, for intense cleaning of thick carpets. The double-Swivel Neck is convenient for cleaning in hard-to-reach places, and the Parquet Twister is gentle on delicate hard floors. Additional features include a Comfort handle, Comfort cable rewind, and Bumper Strip.
Miele Complete C3 Soft Carpet
The Miele Soft Carpet vacuum, like the Kona, is equipped with features that make it ideal for cleaning soft carpets, high-pile surfaces, and rugs. The electro powerhead is equipped with easy-to-use height adjustments that can be altered with just a simple tap of the foot.
The Miele C3 Soft Carpet has a convenient Park System with an automatic switch-off. If you need to pause vacuuming, simply insert the floorhead into the rear of the machine and it will turn off automatically. The vacuum will turn back on automatically when the floorhead is removed.
This model comes with added indicators for user convenience such as a filter change indicator to keep the filtration at its best by alerting you when the exhaust filter needs to be replaced and a thermal protection indicator for added safety measures.
Miele Complete C3 Cat & Dog
The Miele C3 Cat & Dog model boasts the same capabilities as the Kona and Soft Carpet with maximum suction power even with a full dust bag. Its versatility extends to cleaning any floor type, and it is equipped with an Active AirClean filter to combat odors instead of the HEPA filter.
Ideal for big homes with pets, this full-sized Miele canister vacuum is among the best in its class and a top pick for those in the market for a canister vacuum.
Miele Complete C3 Home Care
The Miele C3 HomeCare boasts unparalleled performance and convenience among the Miele canister vacuums. It comes with a range of accessories, including a long crevice tool for tight spaces and the versatile AllTeQ floorhead for both hard floors and low-pile carpets.
The C3 HomeCare gives you the liberty to choose among three varying Electro Brush Floorheads to customize your dream vacuum cleaner.
Electro Comfort Power Nozzle (SEB 217-3)
Electro Plus Power Nozzle (SEB 228)
Electro Premium Power Nozzle (SEB 236)
Miele Complete C3 Marin
With the C3 Marin, you get a top-notch electro brush, illuminated by LEDs, for a thorough clean on heavy-duty carpets. It also comes with adjustable height options for the perfect cleaning experience.
The electronic suction power of the Marin model is regulated by foot-activated plus/minus switches, not on the handle.
Miele Complete C3 Brilliant
The Miele Complete C3 Homecare+ is the zenith of performance and versatility, being the top-notch option for those in search. This model is the most expensive in the Miele canister lineup.
The Miele C3 Brilliant is the epitome of performance and versatility, with 3 premium floorheads, a Park system with illumination, a comfortable handle with a SpotLight, and an XL flexible Parquet Twister gentle on delicate hard floors.
Miele Complete C3 HomeCare+
For those who want the best in cleaning performance and versatility, the Miele C3 HomeCare+ is the ultimate choice. This top-of-the-line model comes equipped with a range of features to provide deep cleaning on all carpet types, including the AllTeQ floorhead for hard floors and low-pile carpets, deluxe comfort handle controls, and the premium LED-lit electro brush for medium to high pile carpet.
Miele Complete C3 Pros
– The Complete C3 series is known for its impressive suction, making it a top choice for those with tile or hardwood floors.
– The Complete C3 vacuums are designed to perform exceptionally well on tile and hardwood surfaces, with exceptional suction that picks up every particle. They also boast a practical design for ease of use, with quiet operation and a lightweight build.
– The full-sized canisters from Miele are the perfect choice for big homes and come equipped with large dust bags.
– The brush of the Kona vacuum is equipped with a switch to turn it off, making it safe for delicate rugs and hardwood flooring.
– The metal extension handle gives a sense of solidity and durability and is effortless to expand and contract.
– With an exceptional ability to pick up pet hair and a longer-lasting bag life, this vacuum is an excellent solution for eliminating odors.
– If you have allergies, you may want to consider a complete C3 model.
– Furniture and cabinets are kept unscathed by the use of bumper strips, ensuring no scratching takes place.
– The electro brush is adept at maneuvering in tight quarters, and its carpet grooming abilities are exceptional, with great pick-up results.
– In the event of overheating, automatic shut-off occurs.
– Furniture could obstruct the smooth passage of the bare floor attachment.
– The Soft Carpet’s cord rewind button is so touchy that the cord will promptly rewind when the hose comes into gentle contact with it.
– Using the connection between the wand and power brush on the Marin might be difficult for some individuals. It could involve exerting effort, such as wrestling, shaking, and forcing, to get it to fit securely.
– Although they come with a high price tag, these vacuums are premium and made in Germany using the latest technology. Quality at this level is never inexpensive, but these vacuums could last you a lifetime.
Comparison between Miele C1, C2 and C3 Canister Vacuums
Assessing the C1, C2, and C3 models is not a simple matter. They each possess both positive and negative attributes that span their scope. Your specific needs may be met by one of the sub-models from either C1, C2, or C3.
The Miele C3 models come with a premium cost. Their distinction lies in their well-designed aesthetic, unique features, and HEPA filter availability (for all but one model) – a boon for allergy sufferers. Although, some of the C2 models offer either a HEPA filter or an Active AirClean Filter for odor control.
If you’re looking for a vacuum cleaner that is easy to move around, the Compact C2 is a great option, especially in homes with multiple levels. You can find models of both the Classic C1 and Compact C1 with affordable prices and a reputation for exceptional performance.
To make an effective comparison, you can compare sub-models with similar names in different models. One such comparison could be between the Classic C1 Cat & Dog and the Complete C3 Cat & Dog. Both vacuums are ideal for homes with pets, offering exceptional filtration and odor removal. Ultimately, the decision between the C1 and C3 will be influenced by the size of your home and your budget.