In terms of measurements, Dolphin Sigma is 23 x 19.5 x 13.5 inches and Polaris 9550’s shape is cubic with a size of 22 x 22 x 22 inches.
Weighing 35 pounds, Dolphin offers a more streamlined experience than Polaris, which weighs 43.6 pounds.
Dolphin Sigma presents a refined white aesthetic, in contrast, the Polaris 9550 has a striking blue color and features two large wheels on each side.
Unlike Polaris 9550’s brush system which features a solid-blade scrubbing brush and aqua-Trax Tires, Dolphin’s brush system comprises dual scrubbers and hyper grip tracks.
Suitable only for Fiberglass, Gunite/plaster and Vinyl pool surfaces, the Dolphin Sigma is optimized for use in pools measuring 50 feet in length.
This round goes to the Polaris pool cleaner, as it can clean all floor types effectively and possesses the capability to clean pools up to 60 feet in length.
While both machines have a cleaning cycle of 2.5 hours, the Dolphin is less user-friendly as it lacks the easy lift system that the Polaris has, making it more tiring to use over extended periods.
The Polaris 9550 pool cleaner is equipped with a water propulsion system that aids in the removal of debris from tight corners and under stairs. On the other hand, the Dolphin Sigma compensates for this lack of feature with an anti-tangling swivel cable that grants it more flexibility in the pool.
Both machines are designed to operate quietly, with low motor noise, so you won’t be disturbed by the clicking sounds that can be found in other cleaners.
Although it lacks other features, the Dolphin Sigma’s larger filters facilitate the cleaning process by allowing for a smoother flow of water and efficient removal of contaminants.
While both Dolphin Sigma and Polaris possess timer settings and advanced navigation capabilities, Dolphin Sigma can be controlled remotely using a smartphone app, unlike Polaris which can only be controlled with a handheld remote, which can be less convenient. Moreover, losing or breaking the remote will cause issues in managing the Polaris robotic pool cleaner.
One of the most noteworthy features of the Polaris 9550 is its easy lift system. By pressing and releasing the button at the desired location, the robot will rotate counter-clockwise and wait by the waterline for you to retrieve it, allowing for smooth removal of the machine from the pool. On the other hand, the Dolphin Sigma lacks this feature, making the Polaris the clear winner in this comparison.
Quick Rundown Of Dolphin Sigma
– The Sigma robotic pool cleaner makes cleaning your large residential pool a breeze with its anti-tangling swivel cable, allowing for easy movement around pools up to 50 feet. And you can buy with confidence knowing that it comes with a 3-year quality assurance guarantee.
– A cleaner pool is now possible with the top-loading cartridge filters that capture and traps fine and ultra-fine debris, eliminating the need for messy bags to clean.
– Through the use of strong dual scrubbing brushes, this cleaning process efficiently eliminates algae, bacteria, and other tough contaminants from the floor, walls, and waterline, completing a deep clean in just 2.5 hours.
– Sigma gives you the flexibility to set a cleaning schedule as per your convenience – daily, 2x per week, or 3x per week. And if you need to spot clean at any time, you can use your smartphone via Bluetooth to do so.
– Using advanced navigation and scanning software, this cleaner guarantees an efficient cleaning route for your pool without any hindrance caused by obstacles.
Quick Rundown Of Polaris F9550
– The 9550 Sport 4WD’s Auto pool cleaner feature delivers outstanding performance with 5 different cleaning modes.
– Able to function with in-ground pools of a maximum length of 60 ft.
– For four decades, Polaris has maintained its reputation as a reputable global brand for its exceptional automatic pool cleaners.
– Equipped with a motion-sensing handheld remote, the 4WD robotic pool cleaner offers premium cleaning performance through its Easy Lift System, dirty canister indicator, and Vortex Vacuum technology.
– A 70ft cable with a tangle-reducing swivel, a 5L debris container, and a handheld remote control are all included in this package. A bonus premium caddy is also part of the package.
The Polaris 9550 is the clear winner thanks to its advanced features and compact design, whereas the Dolphin Sigma’s key selling point is its smartphone control and elegant design. We hope this comparison of the two models has aided you in selecting the right option for you and your household.